Why Join Cub Scouts
• Your time is valuable. More than ever, today’s families strive to find
quality time to spend together. Cub Scouting helps to support your
family by providing ready-made opportunities for you and your son to
do things together.
• Cub Scout-age boys benefit developmentally from belonging to a
group of boys their own age. Through this sense of belonging, boys
build self-esteem and learn to get along with others.
• As a parent, you want to be assured that the groups that your boy
joins will teach values consistent with good citizenship, character
development, and physical fitness. The Boy Scouts of America has
been weaving these lifetime values into fun and educational activities
• In a society where your son is taught that winning is everything, Cub
Scouting teaches him to “do his best” and to be helpful to others.
• Scouting teaches family values and works to strengthen your
relationship with your son. Scouting activities can bring added value
to the time you already have with your son.
• He will learn to live by the code of “On my honor.”
But we know that boys do not join Cub Scouting just to get their character built. Boys join because it is fun. Fun is at the heart of everything Cub Scouts do— from exploring natural habitats to building model cars and robots to trying sports like archery or telling stories around a campfire. Boys in Cub Scouting might be learning great lessons, but they’re far too busy having fun to notice.
Contact Cub Master Mancini @ Mancini.Den432@gmail.com for more information, please include your son’s name, grade, and age in email.